Sunday, February 12, 2012

Social media has taken over as a main form of communication, and finding out what's happening in the world. I am a daily user of Facebook, but don't feel the need to make a Twitter unless I become famous. I don't understand how some people can post the same thing on several different forms of social media. One site is enough to post on. Social media is being used for everything these days. I find people use Facebook to express their feelings and be heard. Some have turned their Facebook and Twitter pages into a diary. I find myself unfriending people who post things at least three times an hour because it's just too much stuff about nothing. Some things such as "I'm bored" and "Going to sleep" are posted by people every night. I don't need to when someone is going to sleep every night. It also annoys me when people post about how much they hate their lives. They should try fixing their problems instead of complaining about them. I like when people post interesting quotes, pictures, and comments. It helps me keep up with people without actually starting a conversation. I'm okay with liking a post so the other person knows I appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. Alex,
    I know what you mean about using Facebook and Twitter like a diary, that is so unnecessary. As for only having one site, I feel like what you post sometimes depends on what site you use. I use Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter (most recently), and my posts are all quite different on each. I use Facebook to post photos of my friends and stay connected with people I don't see every day. Tumblr I use for my more controversial thoughts or opinions, and Twitter is for quotes. I think it is a personal choice what you post where.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,
    I completely agree with this post I feel the same exact way. I do use Facebook, but not excessively. I do not see the need to have multiple forms of social media or agree with people that express everything that is happening in their life to be on Facebook. It is not meant to be a diary. I do use the site every day and comment, like, add photos and set occasional statuses, but when someone uses it to post a million statuses or uses Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr, it's just too much.

    ReplyDelete